Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Grab your happiness early?

Life at the age of 22 is good.

Fresh out from college. All pumped up for the future. Relaxed and chilled. Not to mention the endless night partying at places you name it.


A winged-bird ready to fly around the world is the right metaphor to describe my life now.

Getting married or got tied down to something is the last thing in my mind now. Who in the world would want to get marry in the prime of his life?

My mentality was cut short.

Recently my friend, KS, married and i was one of the groom's men during fetch-the-bride ceremony and wedding dinner. He is 22 and was the first person from my circle of friends to tie the knots.


Few of KS's friend asked,

"OMFG, isn't it too early to get married?"
"Holy Sh*t, why marry so early la?"

These questions were throw to KS.

Instinctively, i defended KS and i said " There's no early in pursuing happiness."

This sentence that i utter not only answers to their questions but it also struck my mentality and my views about marriage at this age.

And i came to think about it, i realized something deep.

What's wrong getting married at this age?
How sure are you that she is not the one?
Who can gurantee you won't regret if you didnt marry this sweetheart?

Well, when the time you have aged, you will surely look back at these moments and hug your life partner and says "Its good to have you in my life all these years"

This event does make a whole new twist in my mind now. It brings along a sudden realization that marriage is something not too far off for me.

I guess marriage is infectious. I dont know what got into me but my view about marriage is changed.

This post is specially dedicated to two friends of mine, Yap Kok Seng and Foo Chia Yin. Happy Newly-Wed and have a great chapters ahead.

2 Bomb(s) exploded:

Disnyie said...

where is the "like" button?

Annaliese said...

seriously,i like the way you defend their questions =)